Kettering Municipal Court offers a Traffic Safety Program for eligible participants which allows you to attend a class instead of receiving points for your traffic citation(s). Classes are held monthly on a Tuesday evening from 6:00 to 9:00 p.m. and are taught by police officers at either the Kettering Police Department, 3600 Shroyer Road, or the Centerville Police Department, 155 W. Spring Valley Road. Upon successful completion of the program, your citation will be dismissed and will not appear on your driving record, and you will receive no points on your driving record.
You may be eligible for the Traffic Safety Program if:
- You can provide proof of automobile insurance
- Your traffic violation does not have any accompanying criminal charges
- You have not had a moving traffic violation within the last 24 months
- You have not been through the Kettering Traffic Safety Program within the last 24 months
- You plead guilty to the offense by signing the back of your ticket
- You have not already paid the fine for your citation
- You must register and pay for the class by the court date listed on your citation
In addition, if you were cited for any of the following violations, you will not be eligible for the program:
- Driving under suspension
- Driving under the influence (of alcohol or other drugs)
- Drag Racing
- Reckless operation/fleeing police
- Passing a school bus and school zone violations 10 mph or more over the limit
- Leaving the scene of an accident
- Traffic accident violations and violations that may result in liability issues
- Intentional damage to property or injury to persons
The Traffic Safety Program Director has the right to deny entry to anyone based on past history or inability to meet program criteria.
Sign Up for the Program
If you would like to sign up for the Traffic Safety Program, you must apply in person at Kettering Municipal Court Probation Department. Be sure to come in to apply on or before your court date.
Please be aware: failure to attend the class when assigned will result in a guilty plea being accepted by the Court and the fee for the program will be applied to court costs, fines and school costs. For questions about the program, please contact our Probation Department at 937-296-3328.
DUI attorney Charles M. Rowland II dedicates his practice to defending the accused drunk driver in Fairborn, Dayton, Springfield, Kettering, Vandalia, Xenia, Miamisburg, Springboro, Huber Heights, Oakwood, Beavercreek, Centerville and throughout Ohio. He has the credentials and the experience to win your case and has made himself the Miami Valley’s choice for DUI defense. Contact Charles Rowland by phone at 937-318-1DUI (937-318-1384), 937-879-9542, or toll-free at 1-888-ROWLAND (888-769-5263). For after-hours help contact our 24/7 DUI HOTLINE at 937-776-2671. For information about Dayton DUI sent directly to your mobile device, text DaytonDUI (one word) to 50500. Follow DaytonDUI on Twitter @DaytonDUI or Get Twitter updates via SMS by texting DaytonDUI to 40404. DaytonDUI is also available on Facebook and on the DaytonDUI channel on YouTube. You can also email Charles Rowland at: CharlesRowland@DaytonDUI.com or write to us at 2190 Gateway Dr., Fairborn, Ohio 45324.
- Arrested for OVI in Centerville, Ohio? (daytondui.com)
- Making Bail In Your Ohio DUI Case (daytondui.com)
- Arrested for DUI in Kettering? (daytondui.com)
- Montgomery County Courts (An Overview) (daytondui.com)
- DaytonDUI Provides Free Text Alert Service (Sign Up!) (daytondui.com)