In 2003, the City of Dayton installed its first “SafeLight” public safety photo enforcement cameras to help reduce accidents at key intersections in the City by detecting vehicles running red lights. Today, 20 red light cameras are in use at 10 intersections.
Locations with SafeLight (Red Light) Public Safety Cameras:
- S. Smithville Rd. @ Patterson Rd.
- W. Third St. @ Edwin C. Moses Blvd.
- Troy St. @ Stanley Ave.
- Stanley Ave. @ Valley St.
- Third St. @ James H. McGee Blvd.
- Gettysburg Ave. @ Cornell Dr.
- Main St. @ Hillcrest Ave.
- US 35 @ Abbey Ave.
- Salem Ave. @ North Ave.
- Salem Ave. @ Hillcrest Ave.
Locations with Speed Enforcement Public Safety Cameras:
- S. Smithville Rd. near E. Fourth St.
- S. Smithville Rd. near Marimont
- W. Third St. near Hatfield
- E. Third St. near Clinton
- Stanley Ave. near Kuntz
- S. Keowee near E. Fourth St.
- N. Keowee St. near Stanley Ave.
- N. Gettysburgh near Fairbanks and N. Gettysburg @ Cornell Dr.
- US 35 @ Abbey Ave.
- Salem Ave. near Otterbein
View Video of Your Violation and Pay On-Line
If you receive a citation in the mail from the “SafeLight” Dayton Public Safety Photo Enforcement Program for running a red light at one of the City’s “SafeLight” camera-enforced intersections can view the video of the violation and pay the fine on-line. To view the video, you must enter the “City Code” (DAY) and the “Citation Notice Number” that appears on your citation form. The video images will only be available to the viewer for 60 days . Clicking on the following link will take you to the website outside of the City of Dayton’s domain: www.photonotice.com
No points are imposed against the violator’s driving record under the SafeLight Photo Enforcement Program.
Tthere are three (3) options to resolve the citation:
- Pay the fine within fifteen (15) days. You can pay your citation fee online by credit or debit card, or by sending a check by mail as indicated on the citation notice (“Notice of Liability”).
- Within fifteen (15) days, provide the information of the the person that was actually driving the vehicle, if it was not the registered owner, then mail the notorized “Affidavit” to the adress shown on the citation.
- Within fiteen (15) days, return the “Hearing Request” to have the dispute scheduled to be heard before a Hearing Officer.
Failure to act on the above options will result in default and a $25.00 late fee will be added to the fine amount. The responsible party will then receive a “Default Notice.”
If the responsible party does not respond to the “Default Notice,”, the citation will be sent to a collection agency.
If the responsible party chooses to have an administrative hearing to appeal the citation, the $85.00 citation fee must be paid prior to the notice due date. If the citation is paid, the following will occur:
- An appeal hearing will be held before a Hearing Officer.
- If the hearing Officer finds in favor of the City that a violation did occur, the $85.00 will be retained by the City to satisfy the citation amount.
- If the Hearing Officer finds in favor of the responsible party, the $85.00 citation fee will be refunded.
- If the responsible party fails to show for the hearing, the $85.00 citation fee will be retained to satisfy the fine amount.
For questions involving camera-enforcement citations or the administrative appeals process, please call Officer Carol Johnson at 937-333-1142 or Officer Dyan Thomas at 937-333-1104.
DUI attorney Charles M. Rowland II dedicates his practice to defending the accused drunk driver in Fairborn, Dayton, Springfield, Kettering, Vandalia, Xenia, Miamisburg, Huber Heights, Beavercreek, Centerville, Springboro, Franklin, Lebanon, Troy, Piqua, Oakwood and throughout Ohio. He has the credentials and the experience to win your case and has made himself the Miami Valley’s choice for DUI defense. Contact Charles Rowland by phone at 937-318-1DUI (937-318-1384), 937-879-9542, or toll-free at 1-888-ROWLAND (888-769-5263). For after-hours help contact our 24/7 DUI HOTLINE at 937-776-2671. For information about Dayton DUI sent directly to your mobile device, text DaytonDUI (one word) to 50500. Follow DaytonDUI on Twitter@DaytonDUI or Get Twitter updates via SMS by texting DaytonDUI to 40404. DaytonDUI is also available on Facebook, and on the DaytonDUI channel on YouTube. You can also email Charles Rowland at: CharlesRowland@DaytonDUI.com or write to us at 2190 Gateway Dr., Fairborn, Ohio 45324.