Alcohol exits the human body by being oxidized by a number of very important enzymes. Foremost among these enzymes are ADH (alcohol dehydrogenase) and ALDH (aldehyde dehydrogenase). Over 90% of the ingested alcohol is oxidized in the liver. The remaining 10% is excreted via the breath (.07%), the urine (.03%) and sweat (.01%). [Master, S., Chapter 23: [Read the full post. . .]
Dayton DUI attorney Charles M. Rowland II has served as a city prosecutor responsible for DUI cases and has served as a special prosecutor handling DUI cases. He now represents people accused of drunk driving.
Charles is a frequent speaker and a prolific writer on all matters related to DUI defense. The DaytonDUI Blog was chosen for inclusion in the prestigious ABA Journal of Legal Blogs . In 2011, Charles spoke to the Dayton Bar Association on evidential breath testing [Read the full post. . .]
Ohio and the Ohio State Highway Patrol have made enforcement of DUI laws against illegal and prescription drugs a priority. Throughout the state, this means that you now face arrest if you are taking many common prescription medications. Given that upwards of 70% of Americans are taking a prescription medication, you need to know your rights.
Ohio provides an affirmative defense to an impaired driving [Read the full post. . .]
If you like what we have to offer, you can sign up for the Dayton DUI social stream on our blog. Click HERE to get access to everything we offer across Facebook, Tumblr, G+, Instagram, YouTube and all of the other platforms we use.
DaytonDUI offers free text alerts for OVI checkpoints and broadcasts the locations on most of our media platforms. We also offer a free Android app that has tools for recording important information about your arrest and [Read the full post. . .]