Tag Archives: dui

DUI attorney Charles Rowland represents the accused drunk driver in Ohio.

OVI Law: Elimination of Alcohol By Oxidation

ovi lawOVI law requires an understanding of how alcohol enters, affects and exits the body.  Here is a brief overview of the elimination process.

Alcohol exits the human body by being oxidized by a number of very important enzymes.  Foremost among these enzymes are ADH (alcohol dehydrogenase) and ALDH (aldehyde dehydrogenase).  Over 90% of the ingested alcohol is oxidized in the liver.  The remaining 10% is excreted via the breath (.07%), the urine (.03%) and sweat (.01%). [Master, S., Chapter 23: [Read the full post. . .]

Dayton DUI Credentials: Former Prosecuting Attorney

Dayton DUIDayton DUI attorney Charles M. Rowland II has served as a city prosecutor responsible for DUI cases and has served as a special prosecutor handling DUI cases.  He now represents people accused of drunk driving.

Charles is a frequent speaker and a prolific writer on all matters related to DUI defense. The DaytonDUI Blog was chosen for inclusion in the prestigious ABA Journal of Legal Blogs . In 2011, Charles spoke to the Dayton Bar Association on evidential breath testing [Read the full post. . .]

Piqua OVI Checkpoint (Nov. 15, 2014)

PIqua OVIPiqua OVI checkpoint tonight from 8 p.m. until 10 p.m along County Rd. 25A.  Please plan in advance and designate a sober driver.

Stay ahead of the checkpoints! If you want to receive updated information on sobriety checkpoints, enhanced traffic enforcement, saturation patrols and other important developments that affect you, sign up for text alerts on the main page of this blog. Text alerts will be sent directly to your mobile device/smartphone in the location you choose in the Miami [Read the full post. . .]

We Are Proud To Be Your Clark County DUI Defense Firm

We are proud to be your Clark County DUI Defense Firm!

clark county dui defense firmBabb & Rowland is proudly located in Fairborn, Ohio at 2190 Dayton-Yellow Springs Dr.  You can find us at Exit 20 (the Fairborn High School Exit) just off I-675.  Our offices are conveniently located near our Clark County clients and just a 10-15 minute drive from downtown Springfield.  You can find us on the web at www.SpringfieldDUI.com or www.SpringfieldOVI.com.  Charles M. Rowland II has regularly appeared in [Read the full post. . .]

Is It A Crime To Refuse To Take A Breath Test?

Is it a crime to refuse to take a breath test?

refuse to take a breath testOhio has adopted O.R.C. 4511.19(A)(2) which makes it a crime to refuse to take an evidentiary chemical test if you have a prior OVI (drunk driving)  or OVUAC (juvenile/underage drunk driving) conviction any time within the last twenty (20) years.  If you refuse and you have a prior within twenty (20) years then the penalties for your OVI offense will be double the mandatory minimum. (See generally the “Penalties” [Read the full post. . .]